Can India defeat China in a full-fledged war?
Soumabrata Dutta, Indian in USA
Answered Nov 25, 2016
No. India simply can’ afford a war of any kind with China. But India being a nuclear state and ally with powerful countries like US, Britain, Russia, Japan, South Korea, Israel, Iran, Australia,etc , China can’t afford a war with India.
China has a bigger standing army than India, better Air Force and Army than India, more numbers of Nuclear war heads, more missiles, more tanks, fighter crafts, better guns than India. Also China has better economic backing with themselves.
Vineshkumar, lives in India
Answered Jan 14
Yes, there should be war between India and China.but, in the field of education, modernization,improving social life of people, help other poor countries also to develop. India and china should join hands together to make it Asian Century. India with 1.3 billion population and 3rd largest economy on ppp and 6th largest on nominal basis and china with largest economy on ppp and 2nd on nominal basis can make happy and progressive asia by extending their trade with central asia and east asia with neighbhouring countries.
Abhishek Kulkarni, living in India from past 23 years
Answered Feb 15
Originally Answered: Is India capable of war against China?
India is more than capable of defending itself If China starts a war. If India starts a war against China where china has to defend itself (which is unlikely to happen), India doesn’t have a chance. Even mighty US was not able to defend Vietnam.
Though war will be fought between two countries, International support is important here. India didn’t cross LOC during Kargil (morally correct) and hence US and many other western countries opened with us, which is a bigger gain.
China or India, both are looking to improve their economies and do more business with the world. Waging a war against each other is the worst that they can do to halt this great economic growth.
Rahul Sayal, Born and Spent 28 years of my life in India
Answered Aug 2
I do not think that India can win War from China. As I am working in China from last 2 years. What I experienced is:
1. China has a lot of money to spend on War.
2. Manufacturing Capacity of Ammunition and other war material. India is dependent on other countries much more than itself.
3. Even India create problems for shipping in Indian Ocean. China already strategically built rail line to Europe for trading. So India cannot create very big problem in business / everyday life.
4. China has a very large land area as per population, So the human causalities on India side will be much more than China. China is not so much populated nearby Border as compare to India side.
5. Pakistan is ally of China and it gives a great advantage to China Geographically.
6. India can not win war alone. It needs allies like Russia, US, Japan Afghanistan to interfere,
Which could possibly looks like a World War. Because if every developed country helped to defeat China. Then there will be a scarcity. As China is the biggest manufacturing destination at the current time. and No country can fulfill the manufacturing demands on their own.
China is 1 of the super power in the world. If war started, China will fight for their prestige. Chinese people are the biggest billionaires of the world, no doubt they will support their govt. financially in the worst scenarios.
Where as India is still fighting with Corruption and tax stealing inside the country like many other developing countries.
My conclusion is that no developed country will take so much risk.
So I never expect war on China Border.